[Dovecot] can deliver filter through spamc?

Rick Romero rick at havokmon.com
Sun Dec 14 04:10:06 EET 2008

Timo Sirainen wrote:
> On Sat, 2008-12-13 at 15:04 -0500, Neal Becker wrote:
>
>> I'm using maildrop to filter mail like:
>>
>> xfilter "/usr/bin/spamc"
>> xfilter "/usr/bin/bogofilter -ep"
>>
>> I want to change to deliver (so I can use sieve) but can deliver do this?
>>

> deliver can't execute external programs. Typically you'd run these
> programs first and then deliver. I don't know about spamc/bogofilter,
> but spamassassin for example:
>
> spamassassin | deliver

I use qmail/vpopmail. I haven't gotten around to replacing vdelivermail
with deliver.  I run both maildrop and procmail globally, but don't have
them do final delivery unless it's part of the filter.  This allows me
to still run personal .qmail-default's, like vacations and forwards.
The trick is to make sure that maildrop and procmail don't set
ERRORLEVEL = 0 when they don't have any matching rules.  This lets qmail
continue through the .qmail-default script.

I don't know if deliver is a full vdelivermail replacement in the above
example, but the errorlevel magic is an option (and a headache - let me
know if you want scripts..).
I don't run Sieve.

Rick

--