[Dovecot] SIEVE resources ?

mouss mouss at netoyen.net
Sun Dec 14 19:16:39 EET 2008

http://www.fastmail.fm/docs/sieve/

> I have,
> for example, a "generic" rule that is able to sort almost any
> message from/to a mailing-list into a dedicated folder -i.e one
> rule for almost all my lists.

AFAIK, It is not possible to use a "generic" rule with sieve (there is
no variable expansion), but you can use a script to generate sieve
rules. see example below.

################ example
require "fileinto";

if header :contains "List-Id" "<dovecot.dovecot.org>" {
         fileinto "List.mail.dovecot";
         stop;
}

if header :contains "List-Id" "<dovecot-news.dovecot.org>" {
         fileinto "List.mail.dovecot-news";
         stop;
}

if header :contains "List-Id" "<amavis-user.lists.sourceforge.net>" {
         fileinto "List.mail.amavis";
         stop;
}

# Unfortunately, some lists don't have a List-Id
if header :contains "Sender" "owner-postfix-users at postfix.org" {
         fileinto "List.mail.postfix-users";
         stop;
}

if header :contains "List-Owner"
"<mailto:SPAM-L-request at PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM>" {
         fileinto "List.mail.spam-l";
         stop;
}

if header :contains "List-Post" "<mailto:users at phishtank.com>" {