[Dovecot] 1.1.7: quota problem, unable to delete mails when quota exceeded

Arkadiusz Miskiewicz arekm at maven.pl
Mon Dec 15 10:40:21 EET 2008

On Monday 15 of December 2008, Timo Sirainen wrote:
> On Mon, 2008-12-15 at 09:04 +0100, Arkadiusz Miskiewicz wrote:

> > > I don't think the mbox file should be modified if it's not locked. I
> > > suppose it's not very ideal either if user can't delete mails then, but
> > > at least the mailbox doesn't get corrupted.
> >
> > I use maildirs only.
>
> Oh, I didn't read the error message closely enough.
>
> > > Anyway, you most likely don't really need to use dotlocks at all. Just
> > > make sure that your MDA uses fcntl locks and set
> > > mbox_write_locks=fcntl.
> >
> > Will look. Right now I'm trying to move CONTROL to other fs where quota
> > doesn't apply to see what will happen.

Done that and now I see a lot of " Expunged message reappeared, giving a new
UID (old uid=10753, file=...)" ugh :-/

I guess now imap clients will see these as new messages?

Also ": IMAP(bo): /var/lib/dovecot/control/xxx/.INBOX/dovecot-uidlist:
Duplicate file entry at line..."

Weird, these are fresly created control files and now they contain duplicates.

Last question, what permissions are needed for /var/lib/dovecot/control/ if
it's used as CONTROL= and users use different uid/gids? Right now I have
a+rwx which doesn't look nice and root:root 660 also didn't make dovecot
happy.
--
Arkadiusz Miśkiewicz        PLD/Linux Team