[Dovecot] OT: Looking for a robust IMAP client

Mon Dec 15 22:37:01 EET 2008

On 12/15/2008, Stewart Dean (sdean at bard.edu) wrote:
> I would like Tbird to do just what it does now, but be more robust
> (and maybe a little quicker) about it. Bombproof, as they say.

I'm with you there, and I've read that the new 3.0 will have a lot of
IMAP improvements, but haven't tried it yet. I tend to avoid alphas, but
I'll probably give the betas a whirl,if  can install both and run them
side by side like I could Firefox 2 and 3...

>> So, I'm curious - what, exactly, did you do in TBird? You selected
>> all of the messages in the Inbox, then... ?

> I marked them for Deletion (dunno what exactly that does, maybe
> something in that first mbox entry or in the index or....but it does
> NOT xfer them to another folder, just gives them a "black spot".

Ahh, ok, I always leave 'When I delete a message' set at the default
'Move it to the trash folder'... so, my experience here is non-existent
and irrelevant... ;)

--

Best regards,

Charles