[Dovecot] OT: Looking for a robust IMAP client

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Tue Dec 16 08:17:11 EET 2008

On Mon, 2008-12-15 at 12:45 -0500, Stewart Dean wrote:
> Is there a simple robust IMAP client to replace Pine (which I *think* is
> no longer supported)?  GUI or TTY session?

Pine and Alpine are about the only clients (besides webmails) that can
open a mailbox without downloading every single message's headers at
startup. So they're probably the only clients where you can quickly open
a huge mailbox and start deleting messages. I wish there were more
clients that worked like that.