[Dovecot] Apple patches 6-8

Mike Abbott michael.abbott at apple.com
Wed Dec 17 17:35:16 EET 2008

Here are a few more patches.  Still keeping it easy for now.  Again
the basis for these patches is dovecot-1.1.7.

Patch #6.  Solve a cross-compilation endianness issue.  Currently,
Dovecot assumes that the endianness of the build system is the same as
the endianness of the runtime system.  This is not necessarily true.
We ran into this while compiling for i386 on a ppc machine.  The patch
switches to using gcc's __BIG_ENDIAN__ macro; see the comment in the
patch to configure.in.  It also removes the related and unused
MAIL_INDEX_COMPAT_FLAGS parameter.  This patch may be applicable to
other build environments with a little tweaking.