[Dovecot] Segfault on antispam plugin

Allan Cassaro allan.cassaro at gmail.com
Thu Dec 18 15:18:26 EET 2008

On Thu, Dec 18, 2008 at 11:00 AM, Steffen Kaiser
<skdovecot at smail.inf.fh-brs.de> wrote:

> On Thu, 18 Dec 2008, Allan Cassaro wrote:
>
> BTW: Without a trash folder configured, deleting a mail from the SPAM folder
> will cause a HAM learning.

Yes! This is exactly what I want! :D
If the user put some e-mail on "Blocked" folder, the python script
extract the "From" and modify the sieve of this user and insert a
"fileinto Trash".

If the user exclude (or move to another folder) the script remove the
"fileinto" rule.

Works wonderful! My users really like it! :D

>> Dec 18 10:30:13 curie imap: antispam: mail backend sendmail
>> /usr/libexec/dovecot/blockthis.py
>
> Hmm, antispam uses exec() to execute the binary. I'm not sure whether or not
> the kernel supports shell scripts here. I suggest to use the interpreter
> python as binary and the script as argument.

Well , this error don't occurs all the time. Is very intermittent.
I don't believe that this is the problem... But I can test...

>> Dec 18 10:30:13 curie imap: antispam: mail backend tmpdir /tmp
>> Dec 18 10:30:13 curie dovecot: child 29672 (imap) killed with signal 11
>
> With that I cannot really help you.
> Usually I try to put some debug() statements in there to check, how far the
> process runs before it dies, in order to narrow down the point in the
> source. However, I'm not the developer of this plugin and I cannot help you
> debugging stack traces or core dumps.

Humm... this is bad... :(
But if I can help you to help me with anything...

Regards.