[Dovecot] SSL certs per listen IP

Darren Pilgrim list_dovecot at bluerosetech.com
Sun Dec 21 00:47:45 EET 2008

Ian P. Christian wrote:
> I'd like to host multiple domains though a central dovecot proxy -
> however, I need to present different certs to different hostnames
> (which are on different IPs).
>
> I can't see a way to this in the documentation, is it possible?

You can't do this with a single instance, but you can run parallel
instances of dovecot on the same machine.  Create a second
dovecot_mumble.conf with the alternate config and start the second
instance with -c /path/to/dovecot_mumble.conf.  Each instance needs its
own .conf (they can share sql/ldap config files), base_dir and auth
sections.

I run multi-instance setups in production--it makes it possible to take
down the imap service without breaking postfix since postfix smtpd will
have fatal startup errors unless dovecot is running.