[Dovecot] Is there a straight forward way to associate login with imap process

Jack Stewart jstewart at caltech.edu
Mon Dec 22 21:01:02 EET 2008

Hi,

Is there a way to associate a user's the login (imap-login) process with
  the user's 'imap [' process? We are trying to lock down an issue to
make sure we full understand it. /proc and shared memory tools weren't
particular useful.

Just for context, we are having an intermittent locking index cache
locking issue that appears to impact only a subset of our users. The
index files are on NFS. It may be fixed by a dovecot patch (we are at
1.1.3), adjusting our tcp_timeout on the servers, upgrading out circa
2000 load balancer, the type and configuration of the multiple
simultaneous persistent clients that user is using, etc.

lslk, alert logs, strace, testing the most recent 1.1.X version, and
file mtime is giving us some information but we want to make everything
is covered.

Many thanks in advance.

---Jack

--