[Dovecot] download IMAP folders via POP3

Jose Celestino japc at co.sapo.pt
Thu Dec 25 19:23:28 EET 2008

Words by Jakob Grießmann [Thu, Dec 25, 2008 at 06:08:35PM +0100]:
> Hi,
>
> I know my question might sound a little bit strange, but is it
> possible to download IMAP folders via POP3? I have clients who use
> POP3 on their main machines and IMAP on their "on the road" notebooks.
> It would be good to download all folders created on the notebook via
> POP3 to the main desktop.

Well, we actualy have that scenario, not for all IMAP folders but for
some. We have services that put receipts and unanswered calls and voice
mails on IMAP folders (there's acls and a master password allowing them
to do that) and we had to enable POP access to that for POP only users.

It's a ugly hack but we have it working.

> Googling brought up some results, but I don't know how to implement...

With a ugly hack of course :)

--
Jose Celestino | http://japc.uncovering.org/files/japc-pgpkey.asc