[Dovecot] Apple patch 9

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Wed Dec 31 01:31:31 EET 2008

On Dec 30, 2008, at 3:39 PM, Timo Sirainen wrote:

> - The debug logging seems to be written mostly for developers. Are
> they still even useful at that level (e.g. refcounts  More admin-
> oriented debug logging (with auth_debug=yes) would also have been
> helpful.

I forgot to delete this.

> - CRAM-MD5 and APOP request/response handler stealing is pretty
> evil, especially with the duplicated structs. I'm sure there's a
> better way, although probably requires larger changes.

Maybe a new passdb_module_interface.verify_challenge_response() method
which is used if lookup_credentials=NULL. I know passdb checkpassword
could also support a similar feature.

Also attached a simplified version of ssl-proxy-openssl.c changes that
conforms to Dovecot coding style and handles errors. But does it still
work? I don't seem to have certadmin.