[Dovecot] Checking for strtoumax and strtoimax

J Springer js at jspringer.net
Wed Dec 31 18:28:04 EET 2008

> It shows in config.log why exactly it thought they were working.
> Copy&paste those parts of it?

configure:23169: checking for strtoimax
configure:23196: cc -c -g  conftest.c >&5
configure:23202: $? = 0
configure:23213: result: yes
configure:23228: checking for strtoumax
configure:23255: cc -c -g  conftest.c >&5
configure:23261: $? = 0
configure:23272: result: yes

I am running the bash shell and I have found where bash compiles in definitions
for strtoimax and strtoumax. So, even if the shell is changed, the environmental
variable for the shell is not.  Could this be the problem?

> Actually easiest way for you would probably to just remove the
> HAVE_STRTOIMAX and HAVE_STRTOUMAX from config.h.in and config.h without
> modifying compat.c at all.

Yes, this works, as well.  At this point I realize that it is a system and/or
shell problem and not a dovecot problem.  Is there a work around (not that you
need more work) or do I just need to remember to undefine these for the Tru64
systems that I still support?