[Dovecot] location of .subscriptions

Jochen dlfkcf at gmx.net
Sun Feb 3 18:41:15 EET 2008

Hello,

I just installed dovecot (1.0.10) to replace UW-IMAP.
So far almost everything works. But I need shared folders (mbox
format).
I hope I've set up everything but when a user subscribes to one of the
shared folders a file .subscriptions with perm 600 is created in the
parent directory of the shared mailboxes ("namespace public" below).
As I understand the docs that file should go to the user's home
directory, right?
What did I wrong? Thank you in advance.

Here is my dovecot.conf (comments and blank lines stripped):

---- snip ----
protocols = imap imaps pop3
disable_plaintext_auth = no
ssl_disable = yes
mail_location = mbox:~/mbox:INBOX=/var/mail/%u:INDEX=/var/mailindexes/%u
namespace private {
   inbox = yes
}
namespace public {
   prefix = Public/
   location = mbox:/var/spool/imap:INDEX=/var/mailindexes
   hidden = no
}
mail_full_filesystem_access = yes
mbox_read_locks = fcntl