[Dovecot] v1.1.beta15 released

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Mon Feb 11 22:03:08 EET 2008

http://dovecot.org/releases/1.1/beta/dovecot-1.1.beta15.tar.gz
http://dovecot.org/releases/1.1/beta/dovecot-1.1.beta15.tar.gz.sig

It's been a while since the previous beta, so I guess it's time for a
new release. I wanted this one to be called v1.1.rc1, but Squat indexes
still aren't completely working. My simple tests seem to work OK, but
after doing some random appends+searches+expunges with imaptest it's
giving too few results when searching.

I'm getting a bit tired of fixing the Squat code (although it's nearly
done, finally..), so I'll most likely soon copy the current dovecot hg
repository to dovecot-1.1 and start adding new features to the main
dovecot repository for upcoming v1.2. The new features to be most likely
implemented first are:

 - Mailbox list indexes
 - Virtual mailboxes

Some of the most important changes in beta15:

 - If dovecot master kills itself, the error message is now written to a
file in base_dir as well as to log file. When Dovecot starts the next
time it shows this error message to user and asks to look into error log
file. I'm hoping this will reduce "why dovecot exits silently after
starting it?" questions.
 - LDAP: Added tls_* settings for using TLS with OpenLDAP.
 - POP3-only users shouldn't get dovecot.index.cache files created
anymore when quota plugin is used
 - Fixed/optimized handling pipelined commands
 - rawlog: added -b parameter to log packet boundaries.
 - auth: %a and %b were broken