[Dovecot] ldaps support in dovecot-ldap.conf?

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Fri Feb 15 20:07:08 EET 2008

On Fri, 2008-02-15 at 10:11 -0600, Tim Tyler wrote:
> Dovecot experts,
>    Does Dovecot support ldaps:\\ connections in dovecot-ldap.conf for
> ldap connections?  I can get regular ldap:\\connections to work,
> but  not ldaps:\\ connections.  I have even downloaded the latest
> beta version of dovecot and it still doesn't work.  If its not
> supported, will it be in the near future?

Dovecot doesn't know anything about ldaps, and it doesn't need to know.
It's entirely up to the LDAP library to support it. Anyway as far as I
know ldaps connections should work with Dovecot and OpenLDAP, I've never
tried to use them myself though.

Unfortunately OpenLDAP's error reporting is horrible. You'll have to
recompile it with debugging enabled if you want to get anything else
than "connection failed" out of it.