[Dovecot] --without-linux-quota

Heiko Schlichting heiko at FU-Berlin.DE
Sun Feb 17 19:07:45 EET 2008

Hi,

compiling dovecot 1.1.beta16 with configure option "--without-linux-quota"
failed in line 444 of quota-fs.c as _LINUX_QUOTA_VERSION is an unquoted
"no". Additionally using "--without-linux-quota" does not remove the quota
code from dovecot as I expected. This is not a problem to me but it would
be more clear if configure failed if "--without-linux-quota" is used and it
is not possible to strip the quota code from dovecot.

I know that I can use "--with-linux-quota=..." to specify a quota version
but for me this option implied that it is possible to remove the filesystem
quota code entirely if it is not needed.

Heiko

Heiko Schlichting        | Freie Universität Berlin
heiko at FU-Berlin.DE       | Zentraleinrichtung für Datenverarbeitung (ZEDAT)
Telefon +49 30 838-54327 | Fabeckstraße 32
Telefax +49 30 838454327 | 14195 Berlin