[Dovecot] warning: connect to transport dovecot: No such file or directory

David Koski david at kosmosisland.com
Tue Feb 19 07:46:25 EET 2008

I have installed postfix, dovecot, mysql as per:

http://wiki.dovecot.org/HowTo/DovecotLDAPostfixAdminMySQL

..on Debian Etch.  I thought mailboxes were created by postfixadmin or postfix
but I only get an error:

warning: connect to transport dovecot: No such file or directory

..in the postfix log.  No /var/vmail/example.com is created.  After creating
the domain directory and user directory, applying correct ownership, still it
made no difference.  I checked my main.cf:

virtual_mailbox_base = /var/vmail

Any clues?

Thanks!
David Koski