[Dovecot] Postfix on one host/Dovecot (mailboxes) on another - How?

k bah kbah at linuxmail.org
Fri Feb 22 17:02:45 EET 2008

 Hi,

 I'm using Dovecot 1.0.5 on OpenSUSE 10.3.
 I run postfix/amavis/clamav on one host, postfix uses LDAP to identify whether or not users exist. On this same machine I was running dovecot, so I used dovecot LDA on Postfix master.cf (as mentioned on http://heinous.org/wiki/Virtual_Domains,_Postfix,_Dovecot_LDA,_and_LDAP#Postfix).
 Now I want to run Dovecot on another machine, how should I configure postfix on that first machine?

 first machine: the domain my users know/use; webmail; postfix/amavis/clamav; mx record for domain all users have mail addresses; imapproxy (pointing to the second machine, where the imap server sits).

 second machine: just dovecot and user's mailboxes. (I need to keep this machine doing only this task, because of the load)

 Is there a way to do that just by adding a mailbox_transport to the first machine's postfix?

 thanks

=
Mobile (Volumetric) Concrete Mixers
The innovative leader in the mobile concrete mixer industry. New/Used.
http://a8-asy.a8ww.net/a8-ads/adftrclick?redirectid=f267d8a8d1103b53843db1443de04903