[Dovecot] v1.1.rc1 released

Asheesh Laroia asheesh at asheesh.org
Sun Feb 24 08:51:59 EET 2008

On Sat, 23 Feb 2008, Wolfram Schlich wrote:

> I just committed the Gentoo ebuild for 1.1.rc1 with sieve and
> managesieve support (both since 1.1.beta15):
> http://packages.gentoo.org/package/net-mail/dovecot

I've also made available unofficial Debian packages.  Note that they don't
have Sieve support.

I'd suggest compiling them yourself.  I compiled them against Debian
Stable amd64 and they work well there; you can just apt-get install
dovecot after adding my repositories if you want to use my binaries.

Here's how to do use the source packages:

1. Edit your sources.list to include my repository

Add these lines:

deb http://www.asheesh.org/ubuntu/ sid main
deb-src http://www.asheesh.org/ubuntu/ sid main

2. Install apt-src so you can build the packages yourself

$ sudo aptitude install apt-src

3. Use apt-src to build (note: it doesn't install by default) the new
Dovecot packages

$ apt-src -b install dovecot

4. Install the resulting .deb files:

$ sudo dpkg -i *.deb

> Have fun!

Yes, have fun! (-:

-- Asheesh.

--
He asked me if I knew what time it was -- I said yes, but not right now.
 		-- Steven Wright