[Dovecot] Authentication using multiple password schemes

hever at web.de hever at web.de
Sun Feb 24 23:13:01 EET 2008

Hi there,
I tried to patch the actual Dovecot 1.1 rc1 with the http://dovecot.org/patches/1.1/auth-multi-password.diff.

The patch doesn't work for this version and I don't want to get an old version.

Is this patch perhaps in the 1.1 rc1version included?
I'm not sure because I don't really know how it's to use. I thought about returning some password fields from a database.

If not could someone provide a working patch ?

I need this patch because I'm going to provide NTLM and CRAM-MD5 POP/IMAP authentication because Outlook doesn't support CRAM-MD5 as non-plaintext authentication and I don't want store plaintext passwords.