[Dovecot] nfs locking issues...

Aaron Wiebe epiphani at gmail.com
Tue Feb 26 18:20:41 EET 2008

A few questions...

1.  What are you running as the underlying FS for your NFS share?
2.  What are you using for the NFS server?
3.  Do you see any messages about lockd in your messages file?
4.  When you strace a deadlocked process, what do you see?
5.  Do these locks appear to deadlock on the same machine, or
     is one lock on one machine and another lock on another machine?

-Aaron