[Dovecot] nfs locking issues...

John Gray gray at agora-net.com
Tue Feb 26 20:30:09 EET 2008

The locking issue is on the mbox files.  When it happens, I get a bunch
procmail processes backing up waiting for the lock.

The filesystem is reiserfs (version 3).

The NFS server is debian sarge box (which will be going to etch this
weekend).  And its using the nfs-kernel-server.

The dead locks appear to be the same nfs client machine.  Though I'm not
dead sure on it.  The mail delivery does come in on several machines.
And the imap/pop to just one for a given user.

I'm not seeing any lockd messages.  I'll look into making sure its running.

I'll try to get an strace if I see it again.  And I'll try the dotlock
suggestion.

Thanks Timo and Aaron!

John