[Dovecot] Index corruption with squirrelmail.

"Fábio M. Catunda" fcatunda at contactnet.com.br
Wed Feb 27 14:24:38 EET 2008

Hi.

I don't know if the problem is related with squirrelmail or not, but I
started to have index corruption when I started to try squirrelmail.

Some informaton about my instalation:
dovecot 1.0.5-1 debian package with maildir
squirrelmail 1.4.9a-2 debian package

Some log information:

dovecot: 2008-02-27 08:39:39 Warning: IMAP(<please don't send spam to
me>): fscking index file
/var/virtual/contactnet.com.br/fcatunda/Maildir/dovecot.index
dovecot: 2008-02-27 08:39:39 Error: IMAP(<please don't send spam to
me>): Unexpected transaction log desync with index
/var/virtual/contactnet.com.br/fcatunda/Maildir/dovecot.index

I'm not pretty sure, but it looks like that if I keep my thunderbird
open, receive a message and a rule move the message from INBOX to some
other folder and then, finally, I try to login in squirrelmail I reveive
a message like this:
Query: EXPUNGE

And in my log file the above message appears.

I already deleted dovecot.* files, but the error ocurred again.

Any suggestion?

Thanks!