[Dovecot] Building path to maildir

Michel Bulgado michel at casa.co.cu
Tue Jan 1 01:29:56 EET 2008

Hello  everyone
Happy new year .

This is the first time I address to the list
I have the following situation  and I need help from all you  people
I have dovecot 0.9-11  and i want to migrate to a superior version
like dovecot 1.0  looking forward to  implement  quotas in my system ,
and use  the function deliver with postfix.
My Scenario is as follow
Dovecot + LDAP (ADS) + postfix
My actual version is : 0.99.11

This is my actual configuration:
Protocols = imap pop3
imap_listen = *
pop3_listen = *
login_dir = /var/run/dovecot-login
login = imap
login = pop3
default_mail_env = maildir:/var/spool/virtualmail/%d/%n
mbox_locks = fcntl
auth = dovecot-auth
auth_mechanisms = plain
auth_default_realm = CASA.CULT.CU
auth_userdb = ldap /etc/dovecot-ldap.conf
auth_passdb = pam dovecot
auth_user = root
auth_verbose = yes
auth_debug = yes

dovecot-ldap.conf
hosts = ldap.casa.cult.cu
base = ou=CASA,dc=casa,dc=cult,dc=cu
dn = cn=unix-conector,cn=Users,dc=casa,dc=cult,dc=cu
dnpass = *****
ldap_version = 3
deref = never
scope = subtree
user_global_uid = 500
user_global_gid = 500
user_attrs = mail,/var/spool/virtualmail/%d/%n,,,,
user_filter =
(&(objectClass=user)(!(objectClass=computer))(sAMAccountName=%n))

I see many changes in this new version.
One of them is :
-Renamed default_mail_env to mail_location
- many changes in ldap queries

With the new version my problem is when to dovecot tries to detect or
builds the way where it´s stored the mailbox of my users. In
/var/spool/virtualmail/%d/%u , it does not detect the domain when
asking to my active directory (w2k) and consequently takes a value of
my default realm = casa.cult.cu in this case the default domain where
authenticate my users.

My configuration in the new version of dovecot:
protocols = imap pop3
    protocol imap {
      listen = *
    }
    protocol pop3 {
      listen = *
    }
login_dir = /var/run/dovecot/login
login_chroot = yes
login_greeting = Dovecot ready.
mail_location = maildir:/var/spool/virtualmail/%d/%u
mail_debug = yes
mbox_read_locks = fcntl
mbox_write_locks = fcntl
protocol imap {
   mail_plugins = quota imap_quota
}
protocol pop3 {
   mail_plugins = quota
}
protocol lda {
   postmaster_address = postmaster at example.com
   mail_plugins = quota
   auth_socket_path = /var/run/dovecot/auth-master
}
auth_executable = /usr/libexec/dovecot/dovecot-auth
auth_verbose = yes
auth_debug = yes
auth default {
   mechanisms = plain
passdb pam {
         args = dovecot
}
   userdb ldap {
     args = /etc/dovecot-ldap.conf
   }
   userdb prefetch {
   }
   user = root
   socket listen {
     master {
       path = /var/run/dovecot/auth-master
       mode = 0600
       user = virtualmail
       group = virtualmail
     }
   }
}
dict {
}
plugin {
   quota = maildir:storage=10240
}

   user_attrs = mail,/var/spool/virtualmail/%d/%n,,,,
The attribute mail in the old version returns to me user at casa.com or
user at casa.cult.cu  this way dovecot can build the way with no problems
at all.
But in this late version something is happening, it only takes the
value %n= user , but not %d = domain . It´s not working. do you have
any idea how I can solve this
I beg your pardon for my poor English.