[Dovecot] my.cnf reading support in MySQL backend

Luca Longinotti chtekk at gentoo.org
Tue Jan 1 19:23:17 EET 2008

Timo Sirainen wrote:
> On 31.12.2007, at 15.23, Luca Longinotti wrote:
>
>> +    mysql_options(conn->mysql, MYSQL_READ_DEFAULT_GROUP, "client");
>
> Is "client" always the correct group to read? Would there be any point
> in making this configurable?

Well, "client" is the default group. It can of course be made
configurable, which might be interesting... In that case I'd also make
the location of the configuration file configurable, for maximum
flexibility. Attached is a patch to do just that, and use "client" if
nothing is set.
--
Best regards,
Luca Longinotti aka CHTEKK