[Dovecot] deliver triggering SELinux AVC denials

greno at verizon.net greno at verizon.net
Wed Jan 2 05:36:29 EET 2008

>From: Timo Sirainen <tss at iki.fi>
>Date: 2008/01/01 Tue PM 09:18:05 CST
>To: Gerry Reno <greno at verizon.net>
>Cc: dovecot at dovecot.org
>Subject: Re: [Dovecot] deliver triggering SELinux AVC denials
>Set dotlock_use_excl=yes to see what file it's really wanting to create.

Ok, did that.  And looking at all the alerts it appears to be any file that deliver is trying to write under /home/vmail.

My users are all virtual and they all exist like:
/home/vmail/example.com/john

typical permissions:
-rw------- 1 vmail vmail   464 2008-01-01 20:06 dovecot.index.log

but for some reason even though deliver is setup to run as vmail:vmail it is still having permission problems.

dovecot   unix  -       n       n       -       -       pipe
    flags=DRhu user=vmail:vmail argv=/usr/libexec/dovecot/deliver -d ${recipient}

????

Gerry