[Dovecot] Indexes

Daniel L. Miller dmiller at amfes.com
Wed Jan 2 19:55:40 EET 2008

Timo Sirainen wrote:
> On Mon, 2007-12-31 at 10:54 -0800, Daniel L. Miller wrote:
>
>> When something "bad" happens to the indexes, my e-mail client
>> (Thunderbird) reports an "unable to succeed" error on opening a
>> mailbox.  Leaving that mailbox and coming back works fine.  Is this
>> expected behaviour?
>>

> It's expected, but it's not expected that anything bad happens to your
> indexes normally. What do the logs show as the reason?

I see a variety, but a sample:

Dec 31 11:09:26 bubba dovecot: IMAP(mgillespie at amfes.com): Corrupted
transaction log file
/var/mail/amfes.com/mgillespie/.Trash/dovecot.index.log: start_offset
(20200) > file size (20184)
Dec 31 11:09:30 bubba dovecot: IMAP(mgillespie at amfes.com): Transaction
log file /var/mail/amfes.com/mgillespie/.Trash/dovecot.index.log: marked
corrupted
Dec 31 11:09:34 bubba dovecot: IMAP(mgillespie at amfes.com): Unexpected
transaction log desync with index
/var/mail/amfes.com/mgillespie/.Trash/dovecot.index

--
Daniel