[Dovecot] FETCH for mailbox INBOX UID 39641 got too little data: 4823 vs 4825

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Fri Jan 4 23:28:19 EET 2008

On Fri, 2008-01-04 at 15:46 -0500, Mikhail Teterin wrote:
> п'ятниця 04 січень 2008 03:37 по, Timo Sirainen Ви написали:
> > I can't reproduce it myself anymore, so sure a sample mbox would help,
>
> Where can I upload it?

You could send it to tss at dovecot.org. It accepts max. 100MB mails
(temporarily).

> > and maybe its index files. Or does it help if you just delete the
> > dovecot.index.cache files?
>
> I don't think, I have any... Do they exist with mbox-type mailboxes? Where
> would they be?

~/mail/.imap/<mailbox>/

It's possible that those are just broken cached values from older
versions and deleting the cache files would fix the problem.

Of course some day I should have Dovecot fix those itself automatically.

> mbox:~/Mail/:INBOX=/var/mail/%u:mbox:/home/smirnov/Mail/mks/INBOX

":mbox:/home/smirnov/Mail/mks/INBOX" looks broken, but I think it's just
ignored.

> mmap_disable: yes

Why? Do you use NFS?