[Dovecot] %d not recognized with LDAP

Anil replicase at gmail.com
Sat Jan 5 02:39:55 EET 2008

LDAP will return whatever the LDAP schema is defined as (for the
case), which is "uid".

I took out the pass_attrs, but didn't appear to be working.

I then added:
pass_attrs = uid

then, it was able to find the domain!

http://wiki.dovecot.org/AuthDatabase/LDAP
is a bit confusing in the documentation of pass_attrs.

IMO, pass_attrs_map is a better name, since its used for mapping
attributes from LDAP attributes to Dovecot names.

But, if "pass_attrs = uid" is working, what exactly is getting mapped to what?