[Dovecot] v1.1.beta13 released

Bruce Bodger bbodger at bodcon.com
Sun Jan 6 16:33:55 EET 2008

On Jan 5, 2008, at 5:50 PM, Timo Sirainen wrote:

>> Attempts to delete
>> the .INBOX from a mail client results in an error:  "Inbox can't be
>> deleted".  Any ideas?
>
> I did some fixes now though so that it's possible to create ns/
> INBOX and
> use it as a normal mailbox (including delete it).
> http://hg.dovecot.org/dovecot/rev/d5dd0841b2db

Installed today's tarball, 20080106.  Yes, now the public/.INBOX can
be deleted without error but dovecot insists on recreating it time
and time again.  I don't think that's the behavior that either of us
had in mind.  I would think that the public/.INBOX should not be
created unless specifically defined in dovecot.conf.  Once again,
here is the relevant part of my dovecot.conf:

##  PUBLIC NAMESPACE
namespace public {
  separator = /
  prefix = Public/
## location = maildir:/var/mail/shared
location =  maildir:/var/mail/shared:CONTROL=~/Maildir/control/
public:INDEX=~/Maildir/index/public

  }
## PRIVATE NAMESPACE
namespace private {
   separator = /
   prefix =
   inbox = yes
}

Now another observation: only tested with Apple Mail v2.1.2.  When
deleting the public/.INBOX it appears that dovecot is attempting to
do it twice as immediately after the .INBOX is deleted an ERROR
message appears stating that the mailbox can not be deleted because
it doesn't exist.  Of course, it was already deleted.

Thank you,
B. Bodger
New York