[Dovecot] v1.1.beta13 released

Bruce Bodger bbodger at bodcon.com
Sun Jan 6 17:31:17 EET 2008

On Jan 6, 2008, at 9:51 AM, Timo Sirainen wrote:

>> mail_log and cmusieve (dovecot-sieve-1.1.3)
>
> Well, I can't reproduce this with my setup, so there must be something
> special that's causing this. Unless it's your client that creates the
> mailbox itself?

Perhaps you're right.  I just tried using Thunderbird (Mac) and it
does not exhibit this behavior.  Apple Mail has an option,
"Automatically synchronize changed mailboxes" which I do NOT have
checked so the problem must be within Apple Mail as you surmised.  In
fact, Apple Mail is now displaying public/INBOX in it's list of
mailboxes even though it hasn't been created under ~/Maildir/control/
public

G518X2:~/Maildir/control/public root# ls -la
total 8
drwx------   5 bb  admin  170 Jan  6 10:20 .
drwx------   3 bb  admin  102 Jul 28 22:38 ..
drwx------   4 bb  admin  136 Jan  6 09:54 .HAM