[Dovecot] Test Environment Question

Stewart Dean sdean at bard.edu
Tue Jan 8 16:22:30 EET 2008

I have my master IMAP server running DC V1.0.10.  The homedir and
INBOXdir are physically resident there and NFS exported (no caching) to
3 other machines.  I have installed V1.1beta13 on one of them (which
thus accesses the homedir/INBOXdir remotely) and plan to have a limited
community test-drive it there.  Are there any hazards or drawbacks in
doing this?  While the homedirs and INBOXdirs are thus shared, I have it
so that each machine has its own local index directory and /var/run
dir.  Comments or dire warnings?