[Dovecot] Dovecot too many open files???

Tim Tyler tyler at beloit.edu
Tue Jan 8 19:54:58 EET 2008

Dovecot users,
   I guess I should complain to Redhat.  Their latest rhl release of
Dovecot is 1.0.rc15 on redhat 5.   Its even older if you are running
on redhat 4 which ironically is much more stable.  I even tried to
run dovecot directly to ldap using userdb ldap, but that would fail
after a few minutes.  We are now downloading and installing
1.010.  So far it appears to be stable, but we shall see over the
rest of the afternoon.  Too early to judge.  I hate having to run
source code installs, but it may be the only way in this case.  I
guess I would expect better from a commercial linux company in the
stability of what they release.
  Tim

At 10:00 AM 1/8/2008, you wrote:
>On 1/8/2008, Tim Tyler (tyler at beloit.edu) wrote:
>>  We just recently deployed Dovecot 1.0.rc15
>
>Ouch... old... upgrade...
>
>--
>
>Best regards,
>
>Charles