[Dovecot] Per user mailbox quota

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Thu Jan 10 06:05:10 EET 2008

On Wed, 2008-01-09 at 19:19 +0530, Ranjith Kumar wrote:
> Hi,
>
> How do I setup per user mailbox quota? I am using /etc/passwd database.

There's really no way to do this with /etc/passwd, because it doesn't
allow any adding any extra fields. Either switch to some other userdb
file (maybe generated automatically from /etc/passwd and other files? or
checkpassword script) or use post-login scripting to set QUOTA
environment from wherever you want to take it from (doesn't work if you
use deliver).