[Dovecot] Too many open files

Harrison Metzger harrisonmetz at gmail.com
Thu Jan 10 06:46:25 EET 2008

The version I was running was 1.0-rc15 from Redhat 5. I'm not sure how many
dovecot -auth processes were spawed. We upgraded to dovecot 1.0.10 and our
problem was solved. Unfortunately, this problem happened on a live system
and we can not put back the older version. It would appear that somwhere
between these version the problem got  resolved.

Harrison Metzger