[Dovecot] Deliver core dump in b13 (hg 20080102)

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Thu Jan 10 14:25:17 EET 2008

On Mon, 2008-01-07 at 23:05 +0100, mikkel at euro123.dk wrote:
> The “nfs_flush_file_handle_cache_dir” error makes me wonder - seems like
> it tries to delete the homedir of the accounts maildir storage.

Yes, because unfortunately that's the only way to flush NFS file handle
cache. Although if it gives this error, it probably doesn't even get
flushed. What OS do you use? Any ideas why rmdir() would return "Invalid
argument" instead of the usual "File exists" or "Directory not empty"?

> msgid=<20080107212004.782C817DB8 at mta01.euro123.dk>: saved mail to INBOX
> deliver(mikkel at euro123.dk): Jan 07 22:20:14 Panic: file index-mail.c: line
> 1042 (index_mail_close): assertion failed: (!mail->data.destroying_stream)

I'm still unable to reproduce this myself.. It most likely requires
something specific in dovecot.index.cache file. Is this with maildir?