[Dovecot] Deliver core dump in b13 (hg 20080102)

mikkel at euro123.dk mikkel at euro123.dk
Thu Jan 10 15:49:53 EET 2008

On Thu, January 10, 2008 1:25 pm, Timo Sirainen wrote:

Hi Timo, thanks for looking into this.

> On Mon, 2008-01-07 at 23:05 +0100, mikkel at euro123.dk wrote:
> Yes, because unfortunately that's the only way to flush NFS file handle
> cache. Although if it gives this error, it probably doesn't even get
> flushed. What OS do you use? Any ideas why rmdir() would return "Invalid
> argument" instead of the usual "File exists" or "Directory not empty"?

Right, I didn't realize this initially though I believe you have told me
once before that rmdir is used for flushing:)

>> msgid=<20080107212004.782C817DB8 at mta01.euro123.dk>: saved mail to INBOX
>>  deliver(mikkel at euro123.dk): Jan 07 22:20:14 Panic: file index-mail.c:
>> line 1042 (index_mail_close): assertion failed:
>> (!mail->data.destroying_stream)
>>

> I'm still unable to reproduce this myself.. It most likely requires
> something specific in dovecot.index.cache file. Is this with maildir?

I'm sorry I wasn't more specific initially.
I guess I took it for some obvious bug (not realizing it's the clear cache
mechanism) that wasn't specific to my setup.

It's Maildir using NFS (both indexes and storage) under Solaris 10 (sparc).
I can post the full configuration if needed.

Cut from your other post:
> Ah, it's because it's the current directory. It would be better if home
> dir wouldn't be the same as mail dir
>(http://wiki.dovecot.org/VirtualUsers#homedirs), but I'll see if I can
> do something about this.

Actually I am using a different directory;
home=/nfs/euro123.dk/mikkel, mail=/nfs/euro123.dk/mikkel/Maildir

And normally everything works as expected, except in this specific example
using sieve to forward.
The .dovecot.sieve file is located in the homedir
(/nfs/euro123.dk/mikkel/.dovecot.sieve) and for some reason dovecot then
tries to flush the directory in which the sieve file is located, instead
of the maildir directory.

Is this a bug or should I change the directory layout?

Regards, Mikkel