[Dovecot] Webmail Recommendation

Peter Eriksson peter at ifm.liu.se
Thu Jan 10 21:17:15 EET 2008

zbigniew szalbot skrev:
> Hi Peter,
>
> Peter Sparkes pisze:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I want  to install webmail. I am using Dovecot with Exim4.
>>
>> Recommendations requested please.
>>
> Squirrel Mail is very fast and has a lot of plug-ins.
> http://www.squirrelmail.org/
>
> RoundCube looks very nice and has drag and drop feature but it is a tad
> slower when comparing to SM.
> http://www.roundcube.net/
>
> There are many others, but these two I have tried.

All the suggested ones have just one big FAT problem - they are all
written in that security bug ridden language that the hackers just love
to exploit - PHP. Running a web application available to the whole wide
internet written in PHP is just asking for someone to break into your
systems.

I _really_ _really_ wish someone would write a nice webmail
system in some other language... Like a Ruby-on-Rails one (I've
found a few, but they aren't actively maintained anymore).

- Peter