[Dovecot] Imap assertion (dovecot-1.1.beta13)

Nuno Lopes nuno.lopes at portugalmail.pt
Thu Jan 10 22:46:22 EET 2008

Hi Timo,
  I just discovered that this bug is showing up in the folder where I
archive this mailing list. I also noticed that this problem is happening
on folders where I was trying the zlib plugin for maildirs (introduced
in 1.1.beta5). Since this folder hasn't got any confidential mail I can
make it publicly available. You can get it from:

- The whole folder (29M) http://celebrian.portugalmail.pt/mail-folder.tgz
- dovecot files (188K) http://celebrian.portugalmail.pt/mail-dovecot.tgz

These files were created after removing all dovecot files and connecting
to the folder through thunderbird, sort of a clean start. I hope this
can help you in reproducing the problem.

I should also send you some  more data:

linux distribution: SLES-9 x86 using nfs

dovecot -n output:

# 1.1.beta13: /opt/dovecot-1.1.beta13/etc/dovecot.conf
base_dir: /var/run/dovecot/
protocols: imap
listen: *:10143
ssl_disable: yes
disable_plaintext_auth: no
shutdown_clients: no
login_dir: /var/run/dovecot/login
login_executable: /opt/dovecot/libexec/dovecot/imap-login
login_process_per_connection: no
login_max_connections: 400
max_mail_processes: 750
verbose_proctitle: yes
mail_uid: 501
mail_gid: 100
mmap_disable: yes
mail_nfs_storage: yes
mail_nfs_index: yes
mail_plugins: quota imap_quota zlib
mail_plugin_dir: /opt/dovecot/lib/dovecot/imap
auth default:
  executable: /opt/dovecot/libexec/dovecot/dovecot-auth
  user: nobody
  passdb:
    driver: ldap
    args: /opt/dovecot/etc/dovecot-ldap.conf
  userdb:
    driver: ldap
    args: /opt/dovecot/etc/dovecot-ldap.conf
  socket:
    type: listen
    master:
      path: /var/run/dovecot/auth-master