[Dovecot] [OT] Webmail Recommendation

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Fri Jan 11 06:16:37 EET 2008

On Thu, 2008-01-10 at 15:19 -0700, Aria Stewart wrote:

> > OK, let's try to get a bit more on topic and go back to the original
> > question of what's a good webmail client for Dovecot?
> >
> > We went with Prayer Webmail (written by the University of Cambridge)
> > as it's killer feature was *persistent* IMAP connections.
>
> Persistence is a total win for webmail. It's among the issues I had
> with everything written in PHP.

Right. I've also thought about writing a webmail some day because most
of them use non-persistent connections. But maybe not if a usable
persistent webmail pops up. :) I was thinking about keeping most of the
more complex logic in a Dovecot webmail-plugin and have the actual web
interface be pretty dummy.

No-one mentioned WebAlpine yet, which also uses persistent connections.
I haven't tried it myself though.

> So I wrote my own. http://dinhe.net/~aredridel/projects/ruby/camping-at-the-mailbox

Missing screenshots. :)