[Dovecot] [OT] Webmail Recommendation

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Fri Jan 11 14:40:07 EET 2008

On Fri, 2008-01-11 at 13:36 +0100, Ralf Hildebrandt wrote:
> * Chris Wakelin <c.d.wakelin at reading.ac.uk>:
>
> > Last time I looked at it, imapproxy cached authentication (but so can
> > Dovecot!) but not SELECTs (i.e. opening a mailbox), which is why I wondered
> > how useful it would be.
>
> ## enable_select_cache
> ##
> ## This configuration option allows you to turn select caching on or off.
> ## When select caching is enabled, up-imapproxy will cache SELECT responses
> ## from an imap server.
> #
> enable_select_cache yes

I looked at this code 3 years ago, don't know if it's been changed:

"I'd also advise against using it's SELECT-cache feature (disabled by
default), since its design is fundementally broken. It may cause random
problems with clients if the same mailbox is opened by multiple clients,
or if the mailbox is modified behind up-imapproxy."