[Dovecot] Is there a way to limit multiple POP3 connections?

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Fri Jan 11 15:37:51 EET 2008

On 11.1.2008, at 15.30, arvids wrote:

> On Friday 11 January 2008 06:02:12 Timo Sirainen wrote:
>> The point of that was that v1.1 just doesn't create/update
>> dovecot.index.cache files for POP3-only users. There's no need to
>> configure it that way. I'll try to update the wiki to say that. :)
>
> then it seems that there is some problem -  dovecot.index.cache
> files are
> created/updated for all users, even with configuration where IMAP is
> completely disabled(I am using v1.1b10 and v1.1b12).

Hmm. Not here, at least with latest hg..

export MAIL=~/Maildir
rm -f ~/Maildir/dovecot*
printf "list\ntop 1\nretr 1\ndele 1\nquit\n" | ./pop3
ls ~/Maildir/dovecot*
/home/tss/Maildir/dovecot.index.log  /home/tss/Maildir/dovecot-uidlist

If you do "idxview ~/Maildir" (idxview should be in libexec/dovecot/
directory) what cached fields does it show for messages?