[Dovecot] Using deliver from Getmail?

Andreas Ntaflos daff at dword.org
Mon Jan 14 17:23:03 EET 2008

Hello list,

a quick question: can I use Dovecot's LDA "deliver" as a destination in
Getmail? I.e.:

[destination]
type = MDA_external
path = /usr/local/libexec/dovecot/deliver
arguments = ("-d", "username",)

Or is deliver not supposed to be called this way?

What I'd like to do is use deliver in the same way I would have used procmail
ages ago. Getmail retrieves the mail messages, filters them according to the
filter sections set up and then puts them in the final destination as noted
above.

Of course I would like to have deliver honour my .dovecot.sieve sieve script.
My first tries have not been very successful, all messages retrieved in this
way are put in the top level INBOX, not being sieved.

I also got this error message, but I am not sure how it is related:

Jan 14 16:08:04 localhost deliver(username):
net_connect(/usr/local/var/run/dovecot/auth-master) failed: Permission denied

Does my user need any special permissions to use the LDA?

TIA!

Andreas

P.S.: Using Dovecot 1.0.5 with the Sieve plugin. I can post the output of
dovecot -n but I don't think it's necessary?
--
Andreas "daff" Ntaflos
Vienna, Austria

GPG Fingerprint: 6234 2E8E 5C81 C6CB E5EC  7E65 397C E2A8 090C A9B4