[Dovecot] deliver can't connect to auth server at */usr/local*/var/run/dovecot/auth-master

Andreas Ntaflos daff at pseudoterminal.org
Tue Jan 15 16:19:23 EET 2008

On Tuesday 15 January 2008 03:00:50 Charles Marcus wrote:
> On 1/14/2008 Andreas Ntaflos wrote:
> > Notice how it says "/usr/local/var/run/dovecot"! How and why does
> > dovecot
> >                     ^^^^^^^^^^
> > think that anything of any importance can be found under
> > /usr/local/var/... ?
>
> I'm confused as to why *you're* confused...
>
> Look at the output again...
>
> ALL of your binaries paths are set to:
>
> /usr/local/var/...

Thanks for your reply!

But I think you misread that, not a single parameter is set to /usr/local/var.
The installation prefix (configure --prefix) is set to /usr/local but the
local state directory, which is supposed to be /var is really set to /var
(this is also the default when running configure). The configuration also
specified that Dovecot run out of /var/run/dovecot (base_dir).

So naturally I had no idea where Dovecot would take that /usr/local prefix to
the /var directory, and I really still don't.

Andreas
--
Andreas "daff" Ntaflos
Vienna, Austria

GPG Fingerprint: 6234 2E8E 5C81 C6CB E5EC  7E65 397C E2A8 090C A9B4