[Dovecot] Keep pop messages, is it possible?

"Fábio M. Catunda" fcatunda at contactnet.com.br
Tue Jan 15 22:04:37 EET 2008

Thanks for the answer Bill!

I see this a behavior as a good feature, seems like gmail just mark the
message as read when you download if via pop and the pop server consider
this information at the time to serve clients, it looks a pretty clean
solution for me.

I do agree that this is probably not compliant with pop3 protocol, but,
sometimes you can break a RFC to serve a good service and sometimes a
RFC is rewrited to agree with a good new feature (have a look in SIP
evolution).

I will try to do a plugin for that when I have time!

Thanks!