[Dovecot] Dovecot at Solaris 10 with LDAP : Buggy LDAP library returned wrong fd: 1

Bill Cole dovecot-20061108 at billmail.scconsult.com
Wed Jan 16 16:54:59 EET 2008

At 5:44 AM -0800 1/16/08, Dovecot Jami wrote:

>   Its my client's requirement to install it with Windows 2003 ADS
>(LDAP) not with OpenLDAP or Solaris LDAP.
>
>   Pls help.

Please read this carefully.

The problem you are having is with the LDAP shared library that ships
with Solaris 10. Sun's library has a bug:

http://bugs.opensolaris.org/view_bug.do?bug_id=6551471
http://bugs.opensolaris.org/view_bug.do?bug_id=4197228

The second link is actually a partial reproduction of a bug
description from SunSolve, so if you have access to SunSolve, you may
find more there. It looks like Sun actually fixed this bug in their
LDAP library for Solaris 8 but they have not done so for Solaris 10.

This bug is completely independent of what LDAP server you use. You
can work around this bug by installing the OpenLDAP shared libraries
and linking against them instead of the equivalent Sun library

--
Bill Cole
bill at scconsult.com