[Dovecot] Dovecot installation with openldap shared libraries at Solaris 10

Dovecot Jami dovejami at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 17 08:53:33 EET 2008

Hi,

  I am installing dovecot-1.0.10 on Solaris 10 with LDAP support. I know that Solaris LDAP is broken and so I install openldap-2.3.35. My openldap-2.3.35 shared lib files are at /usr/local/lib/ and /usr/local/include/. Barkley DB version is 4.2.

  Now I am configuring dovecot to use openldap as follows,

  PATH=$PATH:/usr/sfw/bin:/usr/ccs/bin
  export PATH

  LDFLAGS="-L/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.2/lib -R/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.2/lib -L/usr/local/lib -R/usr/local/lib"

  ./configure --with-ldap
  make
  make install

  After installation it shows the same Solaris broken LDAP error message as below,

  dovecot: [ID 107833 mail.error] auth(default): LDAP: Buggy LDAP library returned wrong fd: 1
dovecot: [ID 128275 mail.error] Auth process died too early - shutting down

  Pls help me.

  Rgds,

  Mahmud Jami