[Dovecot] Time just moved backwards error even with ntpd

Luigi Rosa lrosa at hypertrek.info
Sat Jan 19 16:05:40 EET 2008

Ralf Hildebrandt said the following on 19/01/2008 13.16:

> Solution: Start ntpdate/ntpd FIRST.

It's what I did, but it could not solve this specific issue.

Unfortunately, server and ADSL modem router went back online together
and the ADSL router takes more time to go online than the server
(blame it on Linux and fast processor :)

I was able to replicate this scenario: the ADSL modem/router connects
to Internet few second after I get the login on Linux, so even
starting ntpd right after the network and dovecot as last service
could not help.

Ciao,
luigi

--
/
+--[Luigi Rosa]--

Q: And this, I'm particularly proud of - behind the headlights,
stinger missiles!
James Bond: Excellent, just the thing for unwinding after a rough day
at the office.
Q: Need I remind you, 007, that you have a license to kill, not to
break traffic laws.
     --007 Goldeneye