[Dovecot] "Connection queue full" errors

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Sun Jan 20 14:48:28 EET 2008

On Wed, 2008-01-16 at 13:21 -0700, Jackie Hunt wrote:
> We are running in the high-performance mode, where each login process can
> handle a number of connections.  As I understand it that means we have
> login_max_connections * login_max_processes_count available
> possible logins at a given time.  That's 32K with our configuration.  That
> seems like a very high limit.  Is that what these errors are indicating?

Yes, these errors shouldn't have happened until there were 32k
connections. But more likely something happened that caused new login
processes not to be created. I'd rather not try to change that code if
this happens only very rarely, it's more likely that I'll just break it
more. This code is rewritten in v2.0, so it should be fixed then at
least..