[Dovecot] Virtual Users and permission denied on POP3 Authentication - cur directory

John Dubchak john.dubchak at elitesoftwarearchitects.com
Tue Jan 22 13:43:13 EET 2008

On Jan 22, 2008, at 4:34 AM, Iain M Conochie wrote:

> if vuser has uid and gid of 5000
>
> Have the userdb part of the dovecot config set to
>
> userdb static {
>
>   args = uid=5000 gid=5000 home=/var/spool/virtual_mailbox/%d/%n
> allow_all_users=yes
>
> }
>
> instead of using the
>
> userdb sql {
>
> }
>
> That should see you right. However, beware there may be security
> issues allowing one user to write to all mailboxes.

Ian,

Thanks for the reply.  However, when I make the change, %d (domain) is
not getting populated.  I am expecting:

/var/spool/virtual_mailbox/domain1.com/user1

But I get:

/var/spool/virtual_mailbox//user1

And the query I use in the logs returns:

client out: OK	1	user=user1 domain=domain1.com

Where does Dovecot get the %d value when it tries to expand it?

Thanks,
John